|Mary Margaret's Recipe for:
Mini Blue Jello Oceans
Please check with your grown ups before starting this cooking project. You will need their help, especially with the boiling water.
These are easy, yummy, and fun, with a couple of options below. The hard part is waiting for them to get firm in the fridge! Invite some friends over to help make them, then have a little party when they're done!Important Safety and Cooking Tips
What you'll need:
1 package (6 ounces) of "Berry Blue" Jell-O
Directions:1. Wash your hands.
2. Put the 12 foil tins in a muffin or cupcake pan for easy filling, handling, and chilling.
3. Mix jello and 1 1/4 cups boiling water together until completely dissolved. If you use a 2 cup measurer with a handle and spout, it'll be easier (and neater) in Step 4.
4. Pour dissolved blue jello into each of 12 foil tins so that each one is about half-full.
5. Refrigerate on flat shelf 3 hours or until very firm.
6. 3 hours later... Wash hands again.
7. Gently pull back foil and remove mini oceans. Arrange on your favorite serving dish.
If you don't like finger food and prefer to eat your jello oceans with a spoon, prepare regular blue jello according to package directions. When slightly cool, pour into clear plastic cups. Refrigerate until firm, then decorate with a wave of whipped cream and a gummy fish. If you have them, add plastic cocktail mermaids to the edges of the cups.
web site content©2003-2005 by Lynn E. Hazen